Time: 0700 – 1300 hours – 300 rounds
As the name implies, this is a beginner course focused on giving you the knowledge, skills and training to get you comfortable with your handgun and how to use it effectively. We focus on a higher level of awareness, skill and a self defense oriented training curriculum.
- Handgun safety – Handling, Home, Range, Transport, Carry, safe storage and other topics.
- Handgun nomenclature – Learn the parts of the semi-auto and revolver
- Handgun, ammo and holster selection – What is right for you?
- Core fundamentals – Loading and unloading, proper grip, stance, using sights, trigger control, managing recoil, managing flinch, proper draw, reloading the handgun in an emergency, one handed shooting etc.
- Skill building exercises
- Defensive shooting concepts
What you need:
You will need a safe handgun suitable for extended shooting on the range. If you do not have one, then you can rent one from us. We also have ammo for sale. You will need eye and ear protection, water, lunch and snacks.